Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Can't Keep it to Myself

"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness." -Isaiah 42:6-7

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that you may PROCLAIM THE EXCELLENCIES of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." -1 Peter 2:9

"I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself." -Psalm 89:1-2

God has given me a love for people and for writing. Often times, throughout the day, God reveals to me little bits of insight and wisdom. So, here are the reasons for which I am creating this blog:

1) The verses above clearly explain that we are to tell of God's goodness, faithfulness, excellencies, not keep it to ourselves.

2) Writing things down and telling others about them helps me to learn them better and for those things to become more ingrained into me.

3) I love to write and share with others. I think God wants me to do this. :)

So I will try to post often. Some days it may be a verse or two. Other days, it may be a quote or a question. And still other days, it may be a novel. ;P

Anyways, but I hope and pray that God will use this blog to glorify Himself and bring encouragement, hope, peace, instruction, and joy to your life and mine. God bless you all!

~Meggie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan
    I came across your site looking for the meaning of maragi (beans). I am a member of the Murray Valley Sanctuary Refugee Group in Albury Wodonga Australia and our main group we assist are Africans. We have a new family who have arrived father and five children. Mum passed away in october 2012. He and his wife had started two not for profit ventures to help the community. One of which is similar to the sewing group you wrote about. We wish to help from here and would love some advice from someone who has been "in the field" Would you please return email to kgray@murrayvalleysanctuary.org.au. Sorry to pop this as a post but could not locate any other way to contact you. Kind regards Karen

    ReplyDelete