Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sometimes I just have to laugh...

I found myself today getting very jealous and slightly frustrated at something I had NO right to be jealous or frustrated about. And I just had to sit back, evaluate myself, and laugh.

It sometimes seems that life is defined in mile markers - by our accomplishments and maturity. Once we've reached a certain point or passed a mark, it's done, accomplished. We think, "I'm over that...that's something of the past." But how often do we find ourselves in situations where we feel like an insecure kid again? Don't we often find old feelings and frustrations rising back up in us? And just when we say, "Okay, I'm good, I've finally gotten past this." those old thoughts, attitudes and behaviors jump back into us and make us feel like we've accomplished nothing.

Isn't it funny how these things just come back up. I don't know how to describe them, but we often have to fight against habits and weaknesses our whole life. But here are a few extra interesting thoughts! :)

I'm reminded of that beautiful passage in chapter 12 of 2 Corinthians. In the 9th verse, God says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Wow! In our weaknesses, struggles, frustrations, GOD IS STRONG!

And time and time again, we are told that the old self, our flesh, will rise up in us again. It is a constant battle. But Jesus never said, "Ask me into your heart everything will be perfect!" No siree! What He did say was, "Follow me." What he did say is, "Stand firm!" What he did say is, "Abide in Me."

Hmmm, interesting word. Abide.
And online dictionary defines abide as a verb. And here are some of the meanings:

1. to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.

2. to have one's abode; dwell; reside:
to abide in a small Scottish village.

3. to continue in a particular condition, attitude, relationship, etc.; last.

Let's think on that. I am learning day by day. And of course, it's not just something that's done and over with. It's a constant abidance in the Lord Jesus. :)

God bless you! And give me some of your thoughts! :)

~Meggie

No comments:

Post a Comment